The We Are Still In Declaration is a joint statement of support for the Paris Agreement, signed by governments, academia, and the private sector.
We Are Still In, has received over 3,500 commitments to meet the Paris Agreement from U.S. mayors, county executives, governors, tribal leaders, college and university leaders, businesses, faith groups, and investors. These commitments are:
• Require zero-carbon energy consumption in the electricity sector by 2035,
and zero-carbon emissions from all other energy sectors by 2050
• State an explicit focus on equity, affordability, access for all members of the
community, and prioritizing low income communities and communities burdened
by the fossil fuel industry
• Technological specifications detailing how exactly the clean energy will be
generated (nuclear energy, notably, is excluded)
How can you get involved if you don’t represent an organization, institution, or government entity? Show your personal commitment to climate action and helping America meet the Paris Agreement.
1. See which organizations near you have signed on to the We Are Still In
declaration and encourage the schools, businesses, faith groups, and governments which
you interact with or are a part of to take action on climate.
2. Calculate Your Carbon Footprint – Learn more about your own carbon footprint and
take action as an individual or household.
3. Explore the America’s Pledge Opportunity Agenda
4. Sign up for email updates from We Are Still In