• Get cities on board for recycling and improving efficiency
• Putting a price on carbon – Energy Innovation and Carbon Disclosure Act – H.R.
• Protecting land, water and forests
• The Clean Air Act required the Environmental Protection Agency to work with
states to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, including carbon dioxide and
• Energy policy laws require the Department of Energy to partner with the private
sector to research, develop, and deploy clean energy technologies, and to set
energy efficiency standards for appliances and equipment.
• The Department of Transportation is required to set standards that improve the
fuel economy of motor vehicles.
• The Department of Defense is required to plan for the global security
consequences of climate change.
• There are challenges supporting climate action in the Federal Courts
• Many of the climate measures adopted by the Obama Administration are
under review, and have been or may be reversed, by the Trump
Administration. This New York Times analysis, based on research from
Harvard Law School, Columbia Law School and other sources, counts
more than 90 environmental rules and regulations rolled back under Mr.